It’s that time of the year again where I review my personal performance objectives from the previous year and how well I accomplished them. Alongside that I get to set new objectives for 2016.
So let’s start it off here are my 2015 objectives and my progress that I completed on them.
- Expand my professional and personal network.
- If LinkedIn connections count, I’m doing well, otherwise my professional network has not expanded much.
- Begin a routine of regular blog posting
- Hahahahahaha, nope.
- Achieve 1 Life Goal
- Thankfully, I did achieve a life goal for myself this year. So my objectives from last year aren’t a total bust!
- Continue healthy life habits regularly.
- I did well for the majority of the year, but then near the end (the dreaded holidays) I let myself slip and now i’m paying for it.
So there you have it, I didn’t do a terrible job at holding to my objectives. I just didn’t meet them as fully and completely as I would have liked. All in all I give myself a 5.5 out of 10. Which is about how I feel my completion was for my objectives last year.
With that being said it’s time to set some new goals and objectives to complete in 2016.
- Write nearly every day
- This goal is to set a minimum of 15 minutes a day aside dedicated to writing. It doesn’t matter what i’m writing as long as i’m writing.
- Create a Fun Side Project and work on it at least once a week.
- A side project is a good way to freshen up skills I am not using in my day to day and by picking one that is fun I hope it will give me the motivation to continue working on it.
- Attend more network building gatherings.
- Besides just saying I need to build my personal and professional network again I’m going to go and say that I just need to attend 4 gatherings this year that will allow me to build on my network.
- Be Health Conscious, again
- Unfortunately, this has to go back up here because of falling off the wagon at the end of last year. So the goal this year is to do it regularly throughout the whole year.
There you have it, my goals for this year. I’m feeling confident that this year I will complete a better percentage of my goals. I guess time will tell. In order to make things a little bit more interesting this year I’m going to put something at stake. If I give myself at least an 8 out of 10 next year when comparing my life goals I will give myself permission to buy something nice for myself, otherwise I will have to buy something nice for my whole family. I’ll start preparing my wallet now 🙂